Monday, June 12, 2017

My Own Fixer Upper?


Welcome to my little house!


That tree may be obstructing the view a bit, but it sure is pretty.  This picture was taken in 2008.  The house has been painted since then, but I will save the recent pictures for later.  

After renting my house out for eight years, I am getting ready to move back into it.  And by getting ready, I don't mean packing up my belongings and renting a truck.  I have decided to do some work inside, including a complete renovation of the kitchen, new flooring throughout, and painting, quite literally, every square inch of the interior!  It is turning out to be quite an undertaking, as I'm using a slow, but hard-working and economical painting team consisting of me and my dad!  I seem to have inherited his painting perfectionist gene; he is so proud!

Here are a few pictures of my house in 2008, after I moved out, and before my tenants moved in.  

I'll start with the kitchen.  This kitchen is functional, and the cabinets are cute and cottage like, especially since these were the builder grade default cabinets.  I like that the kitchen is white, as I love white kitchens!  You can bet that my new kitchen is going to be white, too.  


The living room is adjacent to the kitchen.  In the model home of this floor plan, this room next to the kitchen was the dining room.  However, since this space is larger than the actual "living room" space, many homeowners, myself included, swapped the dining and living spaces.  The entire downstairs area is completely open concept, and on the small side, so swapping the living and dining room isn't that big of a deal.

 Living Room

Dining Room

And now to head upstairs.  At the top of the landing is a cabinet, presumably for linens, and a laundry closet.


To the left is the master bedroom, complete with a large bathroom and walk in closet.  The bedroom looks small in this picture.  It's not a gigantic room, by any means, but it's a pretty good size.  And I have no idea why they put carpet in the bathroom!


This red room is my office.  I loved this red paint - all four coats of it!  If memory serves, it is Cherry Cobbler, by Behr.


The guest bedroom is small, but has a nice closet!


The guest bedroom and office share a Jack & Jill bathroom.


The only area that is getting major work done is in the kitchen.  However, it feels like I'm renovating the entire house, with the new paint and flooring throughout.  So, even though I'm the original owner, and my house is in pretty good shape, I'm considering it to be my own Fixer Upper!!  It is so much work, but I know it will be worth it!

Cheers!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment