Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Beach-themed Shower Favors

I don't think that I've mentioned that as of April 4th, I am an Auntie!!  I have a perfect little nephew, and he is amazing.  My brother and sister-in-law are both very out-doorsy types and love the beach.  I co-hosted a baby shower at a cute little restaurant, and one of the things I was responsible for was the favors.  I looked into having beachy sugar cookies made at a bakery, but found that they would run between $3-4 each!!  So, I took matters into my own hands, and created these:


They are fancy Rice Krispy Treats!  I purchased these cute cookie cutters from Sur la Table (they have a fantastic selection).


I was worried that it the treats would stick to the cookie cutters, but using a little non-stick spray helped them to pop out like a dream.



I put the treats on waxed paper lined refrigerator shelves so they would cool completely.  Then I mixed these green and white candy melts together to get a pretty shade of light green.


I dipped each cutout into the melted candy to coat the top and put them back into the fridge to speed the setting process along.



I used white decorator icing to add Mommy-to-be's initial and some finishing touches.


They turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself!


Each treat was packaged in a cellophane bag, and tied with the cutest ribbon (darling little onsies!!).


The favors looked adorable on the tables and were pretty tasty, too!  Thanks go out to Julie for letting me use her kitchen!

And for kicks and giggles, here is a picture of the most adorable (and delicious) cake from the Great Dane Bakery in Huntington Beach.


Cheers!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment