With three weeks off from school, I had every intention of catching up on blog reading and writing a few posts of my own. But I didn't factor how busy I would be with all of the fun things that I would be doing while visiting family and friends in California. Some of the highlights included:
- My birthday dinner with friends and family. My Mom made a delicious dinner, and I made peppermint cupcakes and set up a hot chocolate bar.
- Learning to use (& play) with my new iPhone!
- Starting and finishing my Christmas shopping and wrapping gifts.
- Baking M&M cookies and making Salted Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bark.
- A Christmas concert at my church.
- Fun & Festive Christmas parties.
- Christmas Eve at my brother's house.
- Helping my Mom in the kitchen with Christmas dinner.
- Figuring out the basics of my new camera!
- Going on a TMZ Tour with friends in Hollywood.
- Attending the Holiday Bowl in San Diego and a Ducks game from the 3rd row - thanks, Heather!
- Enjoying the performance my talented friend in a holiday dinner theatre show.
- A delicious dinner at Mastro's for my brother's birthday.
- A special New Year's Eve dinner at 370 Common in Laguna Beach. The Sous Chef is my friend's brother!
- Karaoke with friends.
- Read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
- And, of course, plenty of quality Auntie time with my 9-month-old nephew, including a couple of days of babysitting!
- Learn how to use my new camera and improve my photography skills.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits.
- Finish some of the projects around my house that I had planned for last year (like paint my bathroom)!
- Organize my pantry.
- Be more consistent with writing blog posts.
- Exercise regularly (at least 3 times/week).
- Start a vegetable garden.
- Read more books for fun, but not at the expense of the massive amounts of reading for school!
I'm sure I could add a lot more to this list, but I think this is a pretty good start for now.
I have a project to share with you, but I'm having trouble getting a couple of the pictures off of my phone, so hopefully I'll get that resolved and posted in a few days. It was a Christmas present, so I used my point & shoot Canon for most of the pics, because I didn't have the new one yet.
I hope that your new year is off to a great start!