Friday, May 13, 2011

Springtime Surprise

It's a beautiful sunny day here today.  It's a nice change from the last 2 days of rain, although we desperately needed the moisture.  I have a tree that blooms with the most lovely pink blossoms each year.  Here is what it looked like a couple of weeks ago.



It's such a pretty sight to welcome me home.  The blossoms have pretty much all fallen off now.  But the tree still looks nice and lush and green.


When I came home today, I started looking a little closer at the branches.


And then even closer.


And even a bit closer, until I saw this:


Do you see Mama Robin sitting in her nest?  She wasn't crazy about me taking pictures of her.  So she perched up on some higher branches keeping a close eye on me.  I used this opportunity to take a peek inside.

Mama Robin


Two very pretty eggs!


I'm so happy that this little robin decided to make her home in my tree.  I'm looking forward to a glimpse of the babies after they hatch.  Mama Robin is back in her nest now that I have finished the photo shoot of her cozy, little home.

Cheers!
Jenn

1 comment: